5th Edition of ASP
The 5th edition of the biennial African School of Fundamental Physics and Applications, ASP2018, will take place on June 24 – July 14, 2018 in Namibia.
Members of the International Organizing Committee made a site visit to Namibia on June 12-16, 2017. The objective of the site visit was to meet with the Local Organizing Committee and to converge on a program of actions leading towards a successful ASP.
A new clip of the visit may be found at ASP2018 NUST Visit
The school poster can be found at ASP2018-Poster
Further details will be released in due course.
The ASP activities consist of the following components:
- A 3-week scientific program for 60–80 students from all over Africa with a minimum if 3 years university education in mathematics, physics, computing and/or engineering;
- A one-week workshop is organized to train 70–80 high school teachers for improved physics teaching;
- A one-week program that consists of outreach to motivate 200–250 learners to develop and maintain interest in physics;
- A 5-day professional, international scientific conference organized in parallel to the students and teachers activities. It includes invited and contributed talks in many different tracks;
- A forum that consists of talks, discussions and debate about the role and the future of ASP in capacity development in Africa;
- Continuously, an active mentoring and coaching program to help ASP students.
To support these activities, please contact the organizing committee.
ASP 2014, Third Edition, Dakar
Senegal, 3-23 August 2014
The third Biennial African School of Fundamental Physics and its Applications.
- Bobby S. Acharya, ICTP & King College of London
- Ketevi A. Assamagan, BNL
- Anne E. Dabrowski, CERN
- Christine Darve, ESS
- Jonathan R. Ellis, CERN & King College of London
- Steve Muanza, CNRS-IN2P3
- Rudiger Voss, CERN