African Conference on Physics and Applications (ACP)
The first biennial African Conference on Fundamental Physics and Applications, African Conference on Physics, ACP2018 is planned for June 28–July 4, 2018 at Namibian University of Science and Technology (NUST), Windhoek Namibia in connection with ASP2018.
The conference poster is available here
ACP2018 Scientific Program Committee
K. Assamagan (BNL), M. Backes (UNAM), C. Biscari (ALBA Synchrotron Light Source), M. Campanelli (UCL), K. Cecire (U. of Notre Dame), D. Charlton (U. of Birmingham), S. Connell (U. of Johannesburg), A. Dabrowski (CERN), C. Darve (ESS), T. Ekelof (U. Uppsala), U. Goerlach (U. of Strasbourg) , H. Gray (CERN), V. Indongo (NUST), Y. Kadi (CERN), D. Kobor (U. of Ziguinchor), M. Losasso (CERN), D. Lawrence (JLab), R. Mazini (Academia Sinica), S. Muanza (CNRS-IN2P3), M. de Naurois (Ecole Polytechnique), S. Onjefu (NUST), R. Quick (Indiana U.) , H. Severini (U. of Oklahoma), D. Sahu (NUST), M. Silari (CERN), D. Singh (NUST), J. Uwamahoro (U. of Rwanda) , and E. Yitamben (ASP)
ACP2018 Organizing Committee
B. Acharya (ICTP & King’s College London), K. Assamagan (Chair, BNL), M. Backes (UNAM), A. Dabrowski (CERN), C. Darve (ESS), J. Ellis (King’s College London & CERN), V. Indongo (NUST), E. Kasai (UNAM), S. Muanza (CNRS-IN2P3), J. Ndjamba (NCRST), S. Onjefu (NUST), A. Philander (NCRST), D. Sahu (NUST), M. Shahungu (NCRST), D. Singh (Chair, NUST), E. Shivute (Ministry of Information and Communication Technology), R. Steenkamp (UNAM), R. Voss (CERN), and A. Zulu (NUST)
ACP2018 Scientific Program includes invited and contributed talks, poster sessions, and discussions in:
- Astrophysics and Cosmology;
- Nuclear and Particle Physics;
- Accelerator, Medical and Radiation Physics;
- High Performance Computing;
- Physics Education;
- Physics Communication;
- Renewable Energies and Energy Efficiency;
- Material Physics.
ACP2018 Program Agenda
Abstract Submission for Contributed Talk
- During the weekend of June 30 – July 1, 2018, in connection with the ASP2018 excursion
- For details, see Excursion here
Travel and Entrance Visa Information
- Information regarding entrance visa requirements and hotel accommodation can be found here.
- Conference participants not associated to ASP2018 are encouraged to book their hotel early from these choices
- For inquires ASP2018-CONF@CERN.CH